I’ve had some requests to post my workouts. I can’t take credit for these, because my brother/personal trainer has written them up for me. But I’m happy to post them 🙂 Here is a chest and shoulder day routine;
- Bench press: 6-8 reps x3 sets (go with someone, or ask someone at the gym to spot you)
- Push-ups: 12-14 x3 sets (modify by doing it on your knees if needed)
- Machine press: 6-8 x3 sets
- Ball push-ups: 12-14 x3 sets (use the exercise ball against a wall for balance)
- Incline dumbbell press: 6-8 x3 sets
- Dumbbell fly and twist: 12-14 x3 sets. You lay flat on a bench, start with your arms out, palms facing the ceiling
- Machine shoulder press: 6-8reps x3 sets
- Rotator-ups: 12-14reps x3 sets
- Seated shoulder fly’s: 6-8reps x3 sets
- Ball shoulder press: 12-14reps x3 sets
You should lift heavy enough weights, that you are sore, and have to work to finish your reps/sets, but not so heavy that you can’t complete them.
You want to give each body part a good 48hrs to rest before working them again. You need to give your muscles time to heal.
I’ve attached a few links to some of the workouts, to help explain what they are and how to do them. Would you let me know if that’s helpful?